It's been a long time since I was here and a long time since I've posted any info about my textiles work online.
I've finally moved into a new home and I've started working on a few bits and pieces so I thought I'd share what I've been up to lately.
I recently finished off a patched blanket that I started last year.
All I did was dug a half-embroidered table cloth out of my fabric collection.
The cloth was the perfect size to back the patched blanket and to create a bound edge (with a little fiddliness at the corners!).
My mum started embroidering the cloth years ago - it might even be older than me.
Neither of us are much into hand embroidery anymore and I'm guessing we'd never be able to find the right colours again so I don't feel too bad about using it as a backing.
I figure it might need a few patches to hide some small stains but at the moment I'm considering it finished and ready to throw over the sofa (when the sofa arrives!).
My Patched Blanket was originally part of this challenge and I'm pleased to say I can finally scrub it off my Unfinished Projects list!
This weekend I bought some supplies to make myself a changing bag and some really soft flannel to make sheets for a Moses basket.
I'm hoping they'll be enough flannel left to make some wipes and general cloths etc too.
I was intending to get some dark fabric for the changing bag but I fell in love with that print.
I'm planning on using the bag as a project to sharpen up my construction skills a bit.
I'm planning on making lots of pockets for all the junk I'm going to have to tote around as a new mum!
I'm considering making some sort of complementary textiles patch based on the print to pop on the bag but not if it's going to look too crazy!